Date:      Mon, 4 Feb 2002 20:31:42 -0500
From:      Chip Marshall <chip@setzer.chocobo.cx>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bluetooth stack for FreeBSD (full status)

On February 04, 2002, Duncan Barclay sent me the following:
> .11 without .11e is worse than Bluetooth for certain data types. For
> example it cannot carry isochronous data. Bluetooth was never meant
> to compete with .11 and was designed for a different purpose -
> mobile phones.

I've always thought it was odd that so many people I talk to think
Bluetooth is competeing with 802.11 stuff. From what I've seen,
Bluetooth basically seems like a wireless USB.

--
Chip Marshall <chip@chocobo.cx>               http://www.chocobo.cx/chip/
GCM/CS d+(-) s+:++ a20>? C++ UB++++$ P+++$ L- E--- W++ N@ o K- w O M+ V--