Date:      Sun, 15 Aug 1999 17:26:38 +1000
From:      "betterformat" <betterformat@astea.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Evren Yurtesen" <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
Subject:   Re: Leave workstation on or off?

it also depends on how much you are paying for electricity
and how clean the power is...... adventually the components
will die from the surge of being switched on and off, on the
other hand they will die from being left running contiuously...
and at the end of the day they will die sooner if switched on
and off.
Back in the hey day of 486's and on relativley clean Sydney,
Australia power I worked out that it roughly added up to the
same cost either way......
so it's your choice.... the same hardware for longer.... or
newer hardware more often.......

Betterformat