Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 1995 18:40:08 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Debugging interrupt service routines...

Can someone give me a definite 'yes' or 'no' to
"Is it safe to call printf() in the kernel from an interrupt handler?"

I'm getting a lot of GP faults courtesy of syslogd, and I suspect that this
is the problem, but I'd like to be sure.

(Then there's the nuisance where savecore causes an IO check and another
panic.  This goes around in circles 8( )

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[