Date:      Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:48:51 -0900
From:      Beecher Rintoul <akbeech@gmail.com>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        olgeni@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bug[?] In new local_startup and webmin3

--nextPart2570475.8q2shG16WX

On Thursday 22 December 2005 10:59 am, Doug Barton wrote:
> Beecher Rintoul wrote:
> > Strange, I have all those directories and there is a pidfile
> > in /var. /usr/local/etc/webmin is the main webmin directory, and there =
is
> > a shell script named "start". Running the rc.d script from the command
> > line does start the miniserv.pl process.
>
> Ok, I missed the fact that there is a setup script that you have to run
> after the port is done installing, so I have all that stuff now.
>
> > Removing the webmin_enable=3D"NO" didn't
> > change anything, it still doesn't start from boot.
>
> Are you sure that you have webmin_enable=3D"yes" in /etc/rc.conf or
> /etc/rc.conf.local? I just tried booting twice, once with the =3DNO line
> still in the script (and =3DYES in /etc/rc.conf.local) and it did not wor=
k.
> Once I removed that =3DNO line from the script, it worked fine.

I'm positive that rc.conf is correct. As I said this is a problem that appe=
ars=20
on several machines I have access to, both 6.0 and CURRENT. I just rebooted=
=20
my home machine (7.0-CURRENT) and it doesn't start at boot. The "NO" line i=
s=20
removed in all cases. I first noticed problems after rc.d changes a couple =
of=20
weeks ago, there were no probs before that. On a side note cups.sh has the=
=20
same problem, and I have already removed the "PROVIDE" line. If I get a=20
chance today I'll compare the scripts to working ones and see if I can find=
 a=20
pattern. The webmin.sh script seems trivial, so I really don't know why it'=
s=20
not getting run.

Beech

=2D-=20

Beech Rintoul - System Administrator - akbeech@gmail.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | NorthWind Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://akparadise.byethost33.com