Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:19:47 +0000
From:      "Alper Yurdakul" <alper2@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   exec format error

Hi,
I am a newbie FreeBSD installer. I installed 5.2.1 without any problems.
But commands like gzip do not work, i.e. terminate with:
/usr/bin/gzip: Exec format error. Binary file not executable.

Also when I try to install new packages via CD, I always get error:
ELF interpreter /libexec/ld-elf.so.1*** not found.
(note that the 3 '*' stand for three weird characters.)
I checked that /libexec/ld-elf.so.1 already exists...

Any idea ?

Cheers,
Alper