Date:      Sun, 26 Feb 95 16:22:53 -0500
From:      chrisye@csgrad.cs.vt.edu
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Installation of a DOS application OVERWRITES the FreeBSD partition!

Hi, everyone:
	I have a big problem here.

 	In my 486DX2-66, I partitioned 1 Gig disk into two parts. The first
250M is Dos partition, and the rest is FreeBSD.
	Today, when I was installing a Window software, I didn't pay too
much attention about how much disk space left in the Dos partition, and
the software package saw there are lots disk space "free". So it happily
exceed the dos partition limit and overwrite part of FreeBSD partition.
	The Dos/Win application took 253M in total, so it overwrites
3M disk space at the beginning of FreeBSD partition.

	Is there any way, I can get part of FreeBSD file system back without
starting from scratch? Or at least temporary back, so I can save some files
into floppy disks? For future note: how to prevent this kind of things
happen again?
	Any advise is welcome!

Thanks lot
-chris