Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 1995 22:32:24 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, current@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Of slices and boot code..

> If I was wrong about that, then all I can say is "great!  please, when!"

And just to follow up on THAT, let me say that I'm not just raving
here for the sake of being a pedant.  I had to turn some real
handsprings in sysinstall to deal with the compat-slice being
mandatory for just root and I'd like to see that band-aid go away.

I'm also receiving the aformentioned tech support for it as well, just
to make things worse.

That's my perspective on this.

						Jordan