Date:      Sun, 09 Sep 2007 22:12:22 +0200
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3@amdmi3.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bsd.port.options.mk status

--=-0NESFi+3qVlZVC76dBhQ

Dmitry Marakasov p=ED=B9e v ne 09. 09. 2007 v 23:46 +0400:

> CHANGES of 20060930 state that exeperimental bsd.port.options.mk has
> been added for OPTIONS to be able to influence dependencies. I need that
> feature for some of my ports, so I wanted to know what's the status for
> it?
>=20
> .include <bsd.port.options.mk> doesn't work, but using full path works,
> and makes it possible to use things like USE_QT_VER or USE_SDL
> conditionally depending on what OPTIONS are set.
>=20
> So, is it possible to use this feature, or are there still any issues
> not allowing use of options.mk in ports?

It's possible to use this feature, but only on -CURRENT and -STABLE
FreeBSD systems newer than certain date. No existing release supports it
- it will be supported in upcoming 6.3 and 7.0.

I would advise not to use it in your port yet. Maybe in two or three
years.

Note that hardcoding /usr/ports to your port breaks the port for users
with nonstandard PORTSDIR.

--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
              <pav@FreeBSD.org>

Me go and see Elves and all! Hooray!

--=-0NESFi+3qVlZVC76dBhQ
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_podepsan=E1?= =?UTF-8?Q?_=C4=8D=C3=A1st?=
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_zpr=E1vy?=

--=-0NESFi+3qVlZVC76dBhQ--