Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:19:07 -0800
From:      Steve Warwick <ukla@attbi.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   SMTP-AUTH + SSL - Possible?

Hi All,

I am looking at ways to provide my clients with more convenience. One of
those ways is to be able to send and receive email via my server. However, I
know this can be a huge security hole and not one I would like to open.

I feel that SMTP-AUTH without SSL is probably not that secure so --

    1. Is SMTP-AUTH a pain in the butt to set up?
       [yes I have read the handbook but I want to make sure]

    2. Does SMTP over SSL use a standard SSL cert and is that
       relatively easy to set up?

    3. Has anyone managed to use a chained SSL cert for SMTP over SSL
       (yes, I'm cheap :)

All suggestions, URLs and docs gratefully received,

TIA

Steve