Date:      Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:40:33 +0200
From:      Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: powerd freeze with amd 5000 X2 but not with lower cpus

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 28, 2007 at 08:33:55AM -0300, JoaoBR wrote:
> my ok msg was too fast, after some time my video starts flickering and stays
> so and the PC is freezed up, disabling powerd and works stable
>
> until it freeze cpu frequency shifting is done well
>
> manually I can set all cpu speeds and seems to stay stable on each
>
> must be related to X because I have some servers without X but
> cpufreq+smp+powerd running absolutely stable

Did you ever try to measure the difference in power consumption of the
whole PC, so you know all the trouble actually is worth anything? :-)

- Olli

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |