Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:26:42 +0800 (WST)
From:      Craig Beasland <craig@frontier.netnology.com.au>
To:        Laurence Berland <stuyman@confusion.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Uh oh

Laurence,

I have just had this same problem, and it turns out it was due to the mode
of the hard drive.  I move the drive from one computer which was using
auto mode to another which was using LBA mode.  It would not work until I
set the second computer to Normal mode (I assume that the old computer
Auto meant normal).  As soon as I changed it the problem disappeared.

cheers
craig