Date:      Sat, 2 Aug 2014 15:38:04 -0700
From:      David Benfell <benfell@parts-unknown.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Touchpad issues

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx

Hi all,

This is on my Asus X202E. For me its touchpad (and every other
touchpad I have ever encountered) is hypersensitive. The cursor
moves erratically. It clicks when it wants to, which is often
not when *I* want it to. It seems to regard the area of the
buttons as area that should indicate cursor movement. When I
put a finger on the surface to try to move the cursor, it some-
times mistakes this for a click. I would prefer buttons to be
buttons and not anything else, and cursor movement surface to
be cursor movement surface and not anything else.

I've posted my xorg.conf here: http://gw.gd/fVMO

Notice the FingerHigh option on the Synaptics Touchpad section.
It is orders of magnitude higher than I have seen in any example
I've found on the net. Its behavior is somewhat improved but
*still* somewhat erratic. My hunch is that I should be tweaking
something else.

I have also posted my Xorg.0.log here: http://gw.gd/S0Xt

The touchpad is not, apparently, really a Synaptics. It also
complains about other things such as finger width settings that
I have no idea how to tweak.

How should I be fixing this?

Thanks!
--=20