Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 00:51:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Mr. K." <bsd@inbox.org>
To:        Jim Conner <jconner@enterit.com>
Cc:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>, "Corey C. Foegen" <cfoegen@angelfire.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: About free bsd

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Jim Conner wrote:

> Lets not forget the all too famous www.cheapbytes.com.  Although some don't
> like it...it does distribute a rather nice copy of FreeBSD for a whopping
> $8 (rounded of course w/ s&h).  They also distribute lossa other things
> there too.  :)
>
> Jim

Ah but then you don't get to donate to the cause.  Maybe Walnut Creek
should look into offering a one disk $8 version?  I used to have a
subscription, for the convenience of the CDs, and to donate to the cause,
but $100/year is a bit steep for me (I could get Windows for that price,
not that I'd want it) so I cancelled it.

Now that I'm colocated, cvsup is much easier than the CDs anyway though.
Maybe I'll just make random donations, although I probably can't deduct
that as a business expense on my taxes like the CDs.