Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:38:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
Cc:        "local.freebsd.current" <local.freebsd.current@insignia.com>, "'freebsd-current@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.0 RC3 now available

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> On (2003/01/14 10:22), local.freebsd.current wrote:
>
> > >In the meantime we _really_ have to ship 5.0-RELEASE, we keep
> > >slipping it.
> >
> > That sounds like "it's time to ship so we're going to ship".
> >
> > I'm not trying to get up anyone's nose here, but aren't there
> > objective release criteria?
>
> Yes.  One of the release criteria is that it come into existence. :-)

And to be fair, the problem is on sparc64 which is a tier 1 platform but
just barely so (pthread support was just finished a few days ago).  Nearly
all the freebsd installed base is x86 and to hold up the release for a bug
on a new platform's first release is ludicrous.

This is not an insult to sparc64.

-Nate