Date:      	Tue, 3 Feb 1998 21:03:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      Richard Broza <mib@mail.bc.rogers.wave.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help, I Hate MICROSOFT !!!

On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Matt Nelson wrote:

> Hi, I currently Run Windows 95. and I need to get something else cause I am
> truly sick and tired of crashes and errors. Is FreeBSD right for My system
> ?
> ----------
> MS-DOS Version . . . . . . . .   7.10
> Product  . . . . . . . . . . .   Compaq Presario 1210 (Laptop)
> Processor  . . . . . . . . . .   Pentium(R) at 150 MHz
> Numeric Coprocessor  . . . . .   Integrated 387-Compatible
> MSCDEX Driver Version  . . . .   2.95
> A: Diskette Drive  . . . . . .   1.44 MB (3.5 inch)
> C: Hard Drive  . . . . . . . .   1440 MB (1002 MB Free)
> D: CD-ROM Drive . . . . . . 12X
> Mouse is a Touch Pad.
> ----------
> I was thinking about getting the FreeBSD Book/4CD set from CDROM.COM.. I
> have also connsidered Red Hat Linux... Have any suggestions for Me ?
> Can I still go online with FreeBSD, and can I use Netscape ?

regarding your system, I don't think it will pose much of problem,
regarding Red Hat Linux 5.0 (Hurricane) - current version has alot of bugs
was running it myself for before making the switch to FreeBSD 2.2.5
regarding to to going online and using Netscape.. Yes you can :)

Richard Broza aka WhiteWolf
IRCop of SorceryNet IRC
kechara.sorcery.net #port 9000