Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 1995 12:15:06 -0500
From:      chuck@fang.cs.sunyit.edu
To:        questions@freebsd.org, chat@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   December issue of SunExpert

        I was thumbing through my latest issue of SunExpert and noticed in
the "New Products" section a little blurb on FreeBSD.

"Freeware and shareware vendor Walnut Creek CDROM has added FreeBSD 2.0.5
to its offerings. FreeBSD is a UNIX-like OS for Intel Corp.
microprocessor-based PCs. The product is not unlike Linux, the well-known
UNIX-like OS for PCs that is freely available from a number of sources;
however, FreeBSD is derived from the Berkeley Standard Distribution of
UNIX from the University of California at Berkeley.
        FreeBSD 2.0.5 is freely available from a variety of sources, but
Walnut Creek offers it in a two-CD-ROM set with technical support. Pricing
at $3995."

        Either they were a *tad* bit behind on there announcement or they
screwed up the release number. Either way, good publicity!

--
Charles Green, PRC Inc.			             UN*X System Administration
22 Powell Ave. Apt. B 		   	                  UN*X Security   &