Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 19:10:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Storms of Perfection" <gary@outloud.org>
To:        <mjm@michaelmeltzer.com>
Cc:        <silby@silby.com>, <thierry@herbelot.com>, <replicator@ngs.ru>, <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Clock Granularity (kernel option HZ)

Ok. Since I have a limited hardware/software set at my finger tips. I can
generate an attack on my machine (such as a synflood or something) to see
what type of reponses I can get by setting it up and down. I think this may
apply to this feature, to help the machine withstand attacks (and possibly
have performance related gains/decreases)

I can't really play with gig-e or NFS at this second, so I ask you to play
around with the setting and keep track of what does what, and send a email
to me with what settings work best in foo enviornment :)

> Not knowing but wondering:
> With Gigabit Ethernet and NFS in the mix, anything that gets latency
> out is a very good thing :-) and would improve performance.
>
> MJM

Gary Stanley
Network Security Engineer
PRECISIONet/Webjockey, Inc.
(877) 595-8570

Tickle us, do we not laugh? Prick us, do we not bleed? Wrong us, shall we
not revenge?" (Merchant of Venice II i 56-63, paraphrase)