Date:      Wed, 4 Mar 1998 09:50:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Larry S. Lile" <lile@stdio.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Interrupts during probe/attach?

Is it possible to receive an interrupt from an adapter during
probe/attach routines?  I am working on a token ring driver and
in order to initialize the card you have to latch/release/enable
interrupts and wait... then the card will interrupt when it has
finished.  The problem is I can't seem to process an interrupt
until all the other probe/attach routines finish.  I have
tried changing the spl level around my DELAY() but no interrupt.

So are interrupts masked until later? or is DELAY() not
interruptable?  or am I doing something wrong?

I can just poll the interrupt status register on the card if
interrupts are masked during probe/attach but I just want to
know if i'm doing something stupid.

Larry Lile
lile@stdio.com