Date:      Mon, 5 Jul 2004 23:54:05 -0400
From:      epilogue <epilogue@allstream.net>
To:        "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   OT: /rescue is huge!!

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 11:41:44 +0930
"Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@freebsd.org> wrote:

> 100 MB should be plenty of space for the root file system assuming
> that you have separate /usr and /var file systems (not something that
> I recommend, but that's what the handbook recommends).

hello greg,

apparently, determining how 'best' to partition a drive is a bit of an art.
because i followed the advice given in the handbook, i found my
curiosity piqued by your comment.  i was wondering if you would be so kind
as to share the reasoning behind your stated view?

i know that you're a busy fellow, so feel free to ignore this message.  if
you are going to humour me, i won't be offended by tersely worded reply.
yet another possibility is that you post your thoughts on this with the
list.  i'm sure that such a message would be of interest to other newbs and
might even generate an interesting discussion, without (i hope) polluting
the list.

whichever way, thanks for your time.

cheers,
epi