Date:      Mon, 3 Jun 2013 01:53:18 +0200
From:      Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de>
To:        Jaret Bartsch <jaretbartsch@yahoo.ca>
Cc:        "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: php5-ice Needs Update

On Wed, 22 May 2013 12:42:34 -0700 (PDT)
Jaret Bartsch <jaretbartsch@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Hi there. php5-ice does not work with php 5.4. Could someone update
> this to work with 5.4? Thanks.
>

> Regards,
> Jaret

Hi Jaret,

I finished updating devel/ice and devel/py-ice and filed PRs for them. I
also completely overhauled devel/php5-ice over the weekend and requested
maintainership for it. All files should go into the right places now (so
you can include "Ice.php" without messing with your php.ini) and you can
optionally activate PHP namespace support.

I did very limited testing though, since I'm currently not involved in
any project using IcePHP, so you *might* run into issues. Based on my
previous experience with IcePHP from about two years ago, I would
recommend not to use it with mod_php - at least if you're using mod_ssl
and IceSSL at the same time. I would prefer using PHP CGI or FPM
instead (we had pretty good results using nginx+php fpm).

Also note, that Ice 3.5.0 brings a few incompatible changes, so make
sure to read pkg-message from devel/ice and check the ZeroC's release
notes.

The PRs haven't been committed yet, so you'll have to apply the patches
to the ports tree yourself.

PRs:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=179233 devel/ice
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=179240 devel/py-ice
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=179241 devel/php5-ice

Direct link to patches (since the PR system doesn't like UTF8):
http://blog.grem.de/ice_350_20130602.patch
http://blog.grem.de/py_ice_350_20130602.patch
http://blog.grem.de/php5_ice_350_20130602.patch

Patches to the ports tree are applied like this:

cd /usr/ports/devel/ice
patch -p0 < /path/to/ice_350_20130602.patch

cd /usr/ports/devel/py-ice
patch -p0 < /path/to/py_ice_350_20130602.patch

cd /usr/ports/devel/php5-ice
patch -p0 < /path/to/php5_ice_350_20130602.patch

Then run

portmaster devel/php5-ice

to install the new version (or portupgrade or whatever you're using).

In case you're not planning to install devel/py-ice explicitly you can
just ignore that patch.

Cheers,
Michael

--