Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2006 18:45:54 +0100 (CET)
From:      Christian Kratzer <ck-lists@cksoft.de>
To:        Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
Cc:        Florent Thoumie <flz@xbsd.org>, Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org>, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Import src/sys/sys/hash.h from OpenBSD/NetBSD

--0-863743141-1142358354=:10576

Hi,

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav wrote:

> Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org> writes:
>> Florent Thoumie <flz@xbsd.org> writes:
>>> FYI (if you're not reading -ports or -net), I just sent a prototype for
>>> the openospfd port.
>> Cool, thanks!  I'm happy if you maintain the port as I've never done a p=
ort
>> before.
>
> IMHO, Open{BGP,OSPF}D belong in src/contrib, not in ports/net.

please don't bloat the base system with something that can run
equally well from ports.  Else other people will for example want
a full blown openldap in the base just so that we can run nsswitch-ldap.

Ports are far better at tracking and keeping up to date with fast
moving complex third party packages than base.

Greetings
Christian

--=20
Christian Kratzer                       ck@cksoft.de
CK Software GmbH                        http://www.cksoft.de/
Phone: +49 7452 889 135                 Fax: +49 7452 889 136
--0-863743141-1142358354=:10576--