Date:      Wed, 6 Apr 2016 11:44:54 +0200
From:      Guido van Rooij <guido@freebsd.org>
To:        pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg request

First thanks for pkgng, it made life a lot easier here.
I have a feature request:
sometimes ports are removed completely (e.g. textproc/py-xml),
or there are multiple supported versions and an old
version is removed,
e.g. net/isc-dhcp42-server

When I have the corresponding packages installed, it is not easy
to identify these packages (sometimes such remobal is documented in
UPDATING bt for the above examples that is not the case).

It would be a nice option if one of the pkg tools could identify packages
that have an origin that no longer exists in the ports tree. Perhaps even
that pkg upgrade would delete these packages with a sepcial option.
would be
happy to create a patch if it weren't for the fact that I don't really
know the right place/tool to add it to.

-Guido