Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:51:01 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   [OT] porting an application from FreeBSD to z/os

I have an application that I wrote to run on FreeBSD that I may have to port to
z/os.

I have no idea what this means.  I tried looking up z/os on IBM's site, but all
I found was marketspeak.

Anyone on the list have any experience with z/os?  Is it posix-like?  I already
did some tweaking to ensure the app would compile/run on Linux (it's in C) ...
does that mean that porting to z/os should be pretty easy as well?  Any links
to some serious information about what the system is like (other than IBM's
explanation of how many gazillion $$ I'll save by switching)?

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies