Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 1999 15:37:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
To:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG, John Baldwin <jobaldwi@alsatian.cslab.vt.edu>
Subject:   Re: Can't build net disk on 3.0.0-19990105-SNAP...

On 15-Jan-99 Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, John Baldwin wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Since I couldn't build a custom PicoBSD disk, I tried to build the net
>> floppy
>> and I ended up with a similar slew of undefined reference errors.  Can
>> anyone
>> offer any suggestions or know how to get this to work?  Thanks.
>
> Yesterday I committed a bunch of fixes to -current. Please cvsup and let
> us know if they help...
>
> Andrzej Bialecki

I think most of my errors were due to pilot error: I took out snmpd (since the
port has been updated to 3.5.3 now) and I thought that all of the 'lib' lines
in the crunch1/crunch.conf line fell under the comment about snmpd, I've now
got them back in and almost have it working.  The only problems now revolve
around PAM in login.  First, the login.diff file in net/crunch1 needs to be
updated to the following:

- -----

*** Makefile    Thu Jan 14 11:50:00 1999
- --- Makefile.orig       Sat Nov 21 13:27:15 1998
***************
*** 6,12 ****
  MAN5= login.access.5
  SRCS= login.c login_access.c login_fbtab.c

! CFLAGS+=-Wall

  DPADD=        ${LIBUTIL} ${LIBCRYPT} ${LIBPAM}
  LDADD=        -lutil -lcrypt -lpam
- --- 6,12 ----
  MAN5= login.access.5
  SRCS= login.c login_access.c login_fbtab.c

! CFLAGS+=-Wall -DLOGIN_ACCESS -DLOGALL

  DPADD=        ${LIBUTIL} ${LIBCRYPT} ${LIBPAM}
  LDADD=        -lutil -lcrypt -lpam

- -----

However, the other problem is that pam doesn't build a static library that
crunch can link to.  From my understanding of pam, however (which is a bit
shaky), a static libpam would not be feasible since pam has to load other
shared objects as the pam modules.  I'm going to fiddle around with backing hte
pam changes out of login and see if I can get it to work that way, in which
case the patch above would not apply.

- ---

John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu> -- http://members.freedomnet.com/~jbaldwin/
PGP Key: http://members.freedomnet.com/~jbaldwin/pgpkey.asc