Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 1999 11:25:05 +0100 (BST)
From:      Sebastien Maraux <smaraux@cpc.westminster.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   problems with sysinstall

I'm a french student (so, sorry for my bad english), and I'm trying to
make an automate install of FreeBSD from network.

But I have many problems:

-sysinstall doesn't recognize my harddrive, (on some of my stations)
whereas it is probe at the boot:

wd0 :325MB (666600 sectors), 1010 cyls, 12 heads, 55 S/T, 512 B/S
(but I can't mount it with mount -t ufs /dev/wd0c /...)

-When I work on stations with 2 floppy drives, sysinstall freeze after
asking me which of them it must use.

-On some stations, sysinstall is unable to mount the floppy, whereas it's
an msdos floppy, and I can mount it with the shell

For the moment, I have a bootp / tftp / NFS server which works fine (
with 3.1-release) and the only problem is to make sysinstall load the
install.cfg correctly and
correctly probe hard drives and floppy drives.
I aim at mounting the rootfs (from a 2.2.8-release) by NFS, and executing
sysinstall (of the 3.1-release, but it's roughly the same) with a config
file (install.cfg)

Can you help me or forward my mail to someone who could help me please.

Thank you.