Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2018 20:32:39 -0700
From:      Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
To:        Dewayne Geraghty <dewayne.geraghty@heuristicsystems.com.au>
Subject:   Re: Stability of 11.1S

On 19 March 2018 at 18:05, Dewayne Geraghty
<dewayne.geraghty@heuristicsystems.com.au> wrote:
> We rebuild 11.1-Stable at least every two weeks.  Our build on the 7th
> Feb is in use on our development boxes, however the rebuild on 22nd
> resulted in frequent crashes and our reverting to FreeBSD 11.1-STABLE
> r329008.  Is anyone actually running a Stable that was built after 22nd
> Feb?  Could you please share the revision number?
>
> Because the churn in
> https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-src-stable-11/2018-March/ is
> high we haven't been able to sight if a problem was identified and
> fixed; so we're really looking for a functioning stable that we can
> resume tracking.

Hi,

I can't help identify the problem and if it was fixed without any
information. Can you at least let us know what kind of crashes are you
seeing? Kernel panics?SIGBUS? Something else?

It would be best if you could bisect to the revision causing you problems.

Note that despite the name, STABLE is a development branch and users
of the branch are expected to be able to provide some help tracking
down issues.

--
Eitan Adler