Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:18:36 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        James Earl <james@icionline.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: network card

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, James Earl wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 09:25 -0800, David O'Brien wrote:
> > Can you update to RELENG_5 and try again?  There was a MAJOR bug fixed
> > after 5.3 (diff attached).
>
> I've patched to 1.83.2.3, as well as the latest if_sk.c, and if_skreg.h
> in CVS but am still having problems with the sk device.
>
> It seems I only have problems when trying to obtain a dhcp lease.  I am

this is one of the last open issues. See
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/61296

I will investigate this once the other things got MFCed.

Hans Lambermont told me that a
	media "media 10baseT/UTP";
in dhclient.conf seems to be a workaround though this is really
very very unsupported and you might see some "funny" state in
ifconfig media line.
If you really need DHCP on your interface you might want ot give
it a try in the meantime.