Date:      Thu, 10 May 2018 21:05:49 +0200
From:      Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@bec.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Runtime loader issue

On Wed, May 09, 2018 at 04:45:51PM -0700, Steve Kargl wrote:
> In review PR 228007, it came to my attention some individuals are
> mis-characterizing a FreeBSD loader issue as "gfortran's FreeBSD
> issue".

I don't get why you are blaming the FreeBSD loader. In fact, this is a
pretty common issue and the fault is and has always been that the GCC
ecosystem is extremely bad about mixing different GCC versions in the
runtime environment. It tends to somewhat work as long as you make sure
that the main binary is using the newest GCC version, but it can still
fail even then.

Joerg