Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 1997 10:07:24 -0700 (MST)
From:      Ramon Orozco Antonio <rorozco@tunku.uady.mx>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        root@batab.dgp.uady.mx
Subject:   Tip & Questions

Hi,

  Even though a Mitsumi 2x LU005S doesn't appear in the supported hardware
list provided in the back side of the CD, I installed succesfully FreeBSD
2.1.5 directly from CD-ROM. But when I tried it using a Mitsumi 8x FX810S
I had to install from a DOS partition. I didn't find the way for FreeBSD'
CD-ROM recognition. I almost give up!. Does FreeBSD support this type of
CD-ROM (FX810S)?. LU005S model has a proprietary card and FX810S uses
IDE/ATAPI interface. I suppose that FreeBSD doesn't support this kind of
CC.DD. Why not? Linux do it and also supports LU005S. Anyway, Will FreeBSD
add support for IDE/ATAPI CD-ROM drives in the near future? I saw
yesterday in Walnut Creek CD-ROM website that FreeBSD 2.1.7 is coming
soon.

  Thanks for your atention.

Antonio R. Orozco
rorozco@tunku.uady.mx

P.S. batab.dgp.uady.mx is an experimental server running FreeBSD 2.1.5
     when is turned on. Please, e-mail me back to rorozco@tunku.uady.mx