Date:      Tue, 06 Jun 1995 15:36:02 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        jan@bagend.atl.ga.us (Jan Isley)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   Re: june 5 14:39 boot.flp

> However, this is the first time that I have had a problem with
> setting the timezone.  I have my cmos clock set for local time.
> I told sysinstall this but it comes back with universal time...
> regardless of what I tell it in the menu.  Now, it only asks once
> for what I think the time is... even after rebooting and running
> sysinstall over ... and over.

Argh.  It seems we just can't get this one right! :-)

I'm going to punt on this one for now since it's easy to adjust
manually and, believe it or not, setting your CMOS clock to UCT is a
*good* thing!  That way you can have the various OSs on your disk
apply their own biasing calculations and everyone is (usually) quite
happy with that arrangement.

> Oops, I almost forgot.  I did not have a cdrom in the drive during
> install ... so no mount point was made and no entry in fstab either.

Yeah, it doesn't know otherwise..  The probing for 2.1 will get much
better, using actual kernel facilities for this purpose.  For now I'll
simply document the fact that tapes and CDROMs must be in their
drives to be detected!

Thanks for the feedback!  If those were the only problems so far then
I feel pretty good about it!

					Jordan