Date:      Sat, 21 Apr 2001 19:57:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John <john@sixgirls.org>
To:        <freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD mirrors broken and out of date

Hello,

Today I tried to get the latest ports.tar.gz for my girlfriend's computer.

First, I ftp'd anonymously to ftp.freebsd.org; I got three directories in
/pub/FreeBSD/, namely extras, releases, and snapshots.

So I tried ftp2.freebsd.org; after cd'ing to /pub/FreeBSD/ports/ports/..,
I saw a ports.tar.gz dated February 8th.

Finally, I got one dated April 18th from ftp3.freebsd.org.

Should machines that are not following along with the mirror plan be
listed in the freebsd.org domain?

Thanks,
John Klos
sixgirls.org Systems Adminstrator