Date:      Wed, 03 Nov 1999 23:04:33 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfgiffun@bachue.usc.unal.edu.co>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Possible change in the Qt port.

At 02:56 PM 11/3/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Anyway, building my first Qt-related port, I ended discussing with
>Imura-san a change in Qt2. Since many ports seem to like having a QTDIR,
>I suggested that we should install all Qt under $(PREFIX)/lib/qt/, this
>way we will be consistent with what the rest of the world expects
>without disagreeing with FreeBSD's hier(7).
>
>I think the Qt1 port should stay where it is now, and that this change
>should apply from Qt2 (onwards) in order to avoid excessive port
>breakage and a general mess(tm).

Sounds like a GREAT idea, it would help me submit some Qt2-based ports
I have been working on for ages (don't ask). :-)

They break normally because of stupid configure scripts that I can't
seem to "variable-ify". So, please take the liberty to do this.

Qt 1.4x seems to be fine as it is right now.

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>