Date:      Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:14:55 -0200
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bad characters in Asus A8N-VM CSM

On Thursday 22 December 2005 08:55, Adriaan de Groot wrote:

> and then futz about. Suggestions? FWIW, I haven't found a Linux yet
> _either_ that boots and recognizes the devices on the board (2.6.15 seems
> more promising than 2.6.10, which fails with no NIC and no HDD drivers).

I had a similar problem with a8v after flashing the BIOS up but there is an=
=20
option where you can set acpi.ver=3D2.0 in the setup - with it set I can us=
e=20
the board

there are other options like RamMemory power down which seems to hang my=20
motherboard also

anyway acpidumping  when up and compiling it is giving 50 errors o so.

Jo=E3o