Date:      Sat, 21 Dec 1996 13:05:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rob Mallory <rmallory@sunbeam.csusb.edu>
To:        martin@tdc.on.ca (Martin Renters)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3com 3c589b pcmcia support?

[..]
> 	ifconfig ep0 192.1.2.3 -link0 -link1 link2    for TP
> and     ifconfig ep0 192.1.2.3 -link0 link1 -link2    for BNC
>
> You may also have to play with the IRQ settings in /etc/pccard.conf.
> I disabled the Infrared Port on my Toshiba to save an IRQ line.
>
> Martin

Cool.. Thanks for all the replies!  I'll give it a try as soon as I'm
back..  I know it'l make a bunch of people happy at Qualcomm, especialy
me, as everybody has been asking-- if you get that thing working with
freebsd, let me know; I'll convert from linux!  hehe..

I'll let you guys know how the new QCP-1900 PCS phones work..Its
got a built in PPP stack, anda you just plug in a dongle to the
phone and laptop, and you can surf the net from the beach!!
...They wont be out for a while,, details later...outa batteries..
-cya!
Rob   [rmallory@Qualcomm.com]