Date:      Thu, 01 Sep 2011 14:31:30 +0200
From:      Florian Smeets <flo@freebsd.org>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
Cc:        gecko@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firefox-6.0_1 spinning on a cpu

On 01.09.2011 14:25, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 01/09/2011 14:58 Marat N.Afanasyev said the following:
>> I have a seamonkey with the same symptoms, from time to time it eats several cores
>> of my CPU.
>
> Just a general note: at these level of diagnosing it is not possible to say if you
> see the same problem or not.  That's why I tried to provide a little bit more
> detailed symptoms.

Yes, it's a known problem, however we did not get any further on this
topic, yet.

We have a PR which was filed some time ago ports/156889 which describes
a similar problem.

What i do know is that i can easily provoke it by going to
http://localhost:$port where $port is some random port where nothing
listens.

Adriy, I'm very happy that someone with kernel knowledge got interested
in this ;)

Thanks,
Florian

P.S. I doubt it is fixed in 6.0.1