Date:      Fri, 22 Feb 2002 08:02:01 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>
To:        FreeBSD-stable@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
Subject:   Re: USB Line printer. Printing causes system hang.

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 12:22:19AM +0000, Josef Karthauser wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 10:51:22PM +0100, Cliff Sarginson wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Stable, updated 4 days ago and again today...around 2100 UTC.
> > When I print something to my Epson 740 USB printer it prints it
> > then the system hangs, eventually a high pitched whistle emits
> > from the Computer speaker.
> >
> > Conclusion, usblp is busted ?
>
> Was it working before?
> If so what was the cvsup date of that working kernel?
> What is your usb controller: uhci or ohci?

UHCI.
This build from last night does not work, and the
previous one from 4 days ago was also broken (I had not
printed anything until last night, so I had not noticed).

I can't give you the dates at the moment (I have to run off to
work !)..I will get back to you later.

--
Regards
   Cliff Sarginson -- <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>