Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 2008 18:23:36 -0500
From:      "B. Estrade" <estrabd@gmail.com>
To:        Wesley Shields <wxs@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: www/vee

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 01:26:31PM -0400, Wesley Shields wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 11:58:08AM -0500, B. Estrade wrote:
> > I am the author of www/vee, and when checking to see if it's been
> > upgraded to the latest I found out that there was no longer a
> > maintainer for this port.
> >
> > http://www.freshports.org/www/?page=19
> >
> > I am interested in getting the latest version into ports, and am
> > willing to become port maintainer for it - if someone would kindly
> > point me to the documentation describing how to do such a thing.
> >
> > The vee site is: http://www.0x743.com/vee/
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/index.html
>
> Also, reading through /usr/ports/Mk/* is a good idea if you ever get
> stuck.
>
> Lastly, this list is also helpful in case you have questions that are
> not answered with the above resources.
>
> -- WXS

Okay.  So I followed the instructions on updating at http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/port-upgrading.html, and during the process updated the checksum file with 'make makesum' and ran the suggested install/deinstall/reinstall/etc tests. Everything worked fine, so I sent in the result of 'diff -ruN vee.bak vee' in through send-pr.

So is that about it? Also, I mentioned in the report that I'd like to be the maintainer for the port, but would like to reiterate it.

Thanks - this was pretty fun and the replies I got were very helpful.

Cheers,
Brett