Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2017 19:54:06 +0200
From:      "Philip Paeps" <philip@freebsd.org>
To:        "Allan Jude" <allanjude@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, arybchik@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone using Solarflare on FreeBSD 10-STABLE ?

On 2017-10-17 19:36:20 (+0200), Allan Jude wrote:
> On 10/17/2017 12:32, Mark Saad wrote:
>> I was wondering if anyone else out there was using the solarflare
>> cards supported via the sfxge driver on 10.3-STABLE.

Yes.

>> Speificly I wanted to know if anyone knew what this sysctl refers to
>>
>> dev.sfxge.NN.stats.rxdp_di_dropped_pkts
>
> I have two 11.1 boxes with a dual ported sfxge each, but I have no
> idea
> what that counter is trying to describe.
>
> The man page says this is Philip's fault.

This code is not my fault! ;-)  I believe arybchik added it.

Looking at the code, it's packets that have been dropped in the data
path by the dispatcher cpu.  Probably related to virtual functions?

arybchik (Cc:ed) likely has a more recent datasheet than I do!

Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer