Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 02:39:31 +0200
From:      Jesper Skriver <jesper@FreeBSD.org>
To:        jkh@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: if you wanted somewhere else to mirror 4.3-RELEASE from..

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 10:24:23PM +0200, Cejka Rudolf wrote:

> Rsync runs now on ftp.cz.FreeBSD.org.

Ditto for ftp.dk.FreeBSD.org (which don't have 4.3 yet apart from the
ISO ...)

Should we make a common name for the rsync servers ?

I've requested that rsync.dk.FreeBSD.org being added to the zone,
wouldn't it be nice if we had such DNS names ?

And it would be really nice if we could update the mirrors via rsync
from the master size (being ftp-master or rsync-master or ftp or ...)

Perhaps we could make rsync available on ftp/usw3 only to the list of
mirrors ?

Something like:

syslog = local1
pid = /var/run/rsyncd.pid

[FreeBSD]
	comment = FreeBSD official ftp site
	path = /data/ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/
	max connections = 20
	transfer logging = true
	dont compress = *
	hosts allow = x.x.x.x