Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 1996 12:22:38 -0600 (CST)
From:      "John A. Booth" <john@ulantris.infinop.com>
To:        johna@mail.bbcc.ctc.edu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: buying a computer, will it work?

These are the only components you should have trouble with (with FreeBSD 2.1)

I don't believe the 3COM PCI cards are supported, you might want
to check into the SMC 9332 (10/100 Etherpower card), or any of the 10
megabit SMC's should be supported as well.  NE2000 compatible cards are
supported although (among several other brands).

> 3 Com PCI 32 Bits Ethernet Card

I think there is IDE support for drives cd-roms, but am not sure if this one
is supported, (if it's SCSI it should be no problem).  I think the 4x
Toshiba is a SoundBlaster compatible cd-rom.  It can be attached to either
an 8-bit card that probably comes with it, or the interface on the
soundblaster cards that support the SB compatible rom drives.

> Toshiba 4X CD-Rom

Anyone else have any suggestions/comments/corrections?