Date:      Sun, 15 Jan 1995 01:30:22 -0800
From:      steve2@genesis.nred.ma.us (Steve Gerakines)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Colorado 250 Tape Drive

> Hackers --
>
>  How can I backup my computer? I have a colorado 250 tape drive, but it
> dosen't seem to reconize it, how can I get it to?

First, the tape drive must be connected via the floppy disk controller.
Connections via parallel port or Colorado's cards are not supported.

Next, make sure the device is configured into your kernel.  By default
it is disabled because it apparently causes problems with some peoples'
systems.  You will need to build a new kernel.  Your config should have:

disk            fd0     at fdc0 drive 0
disk            fd1     at fdc0 drive 1
tape            ft0     at fdc0 drive 2

make sure this last line isn't commented out.

- Steve
steve2@genesis.nred.ma.us