Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 1996 15:56:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Denis Fortin <fortinde@dmr.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   panic: free: multiple frees [FreeBSD-2.0.5]

Greetings,

   As the title says, our Internet gateway crashes regularly (almost
daily), but /var/crash is always bare.  Yesterday, one of us was sitting
at the console when it crashed and saw the following message:

	panic: free: multiple frees

followed by a comment indicating that a dump was taking place (but,
/var/crash was still empty).

   This is using FreeBSD 2.0.5.

   Any suggestions?  (how to get a dump would be nice...  I could get them
in the FreeBSD 1.X days, and the FreeBSD 2.0 days, but with 2.1, I'm not
sure how to do it (dumpon /dev/sd0b doesn't seem to help!?!))

   Thanks!
--
Denis Fortin                                               denis.fortin@dmr.ca
DMR Group Inc, +1 (514) 877-3301                     These opinions are my own