Date:      Sun, 15 Jun 2003 01:03:09 +0200
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk>
To:        Marek Denis <marek@messiah.marek.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cdrom after installing kernel

--0vzXIDBeUiKkjNJl

On 2003.06.15 00:46:43 +0000, Marek Denis wrote:

> I have got a little problem- after rebuilding the kernel my CD ROM
> doesn't work. I thought maybe I had commented something necessary (like
> CD9660), but even if I change ident and filename from GENERIC to
> something other after mount /cdrom I get this error:
>=20
> "cd9660: /dev/acd0c: Device not configured " (ofcourse I had put cd into =
the cdrom )
> while using GENERIC kernel everything is all right otherwise device can't=
 be configured...why

We need more information to find the problem.  I think dmesg should give
a hint, mainly the parts about ata.  You can get the ata parts of dmesg
by running :

# grep ata /var/run/dmesg.boot

Btw. please set up your email program to break the lines at around 72
characters.

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen

--0vzXIDBeUiKkjNJl