Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 21:07:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        DON WILDE <donwilde@worldnet.att.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ALT Key

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, DON WILDE wrote:

> I have just installed the GENERIC kernal on a PC-586 machine.  The ALT  key
> does not work correctly unedr emacs, leaving me without a lot of commands.
> CTL works fine.  Any suggestions?

	Yes, search the mail archives for information. There are numerous
instances of this, and similar questions being asked and
answered. Meanwhile, you should be able to use your ESC key for emacs
'Meta'.

Good luck,

Doug
--
"While the future's there for anyone to change, still you know it seems,
 it would be easier sometimes to change the past"

     - Jackson Browne, "Fountain of Sorrow"