Date:      Sat, 09 Sep 2006 02:36:03 -0400
From:      Michael Graziano <mikeg@bsd-box.net>
To:        snb@threerings.net
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: ipmi-kmod-20060418_1

Greetings,

By any chance have you had success with this module on some of the
newer Dell (X950) hardware?

We recently acquired a shiny new 2950, and were able to load an un-
stripped version of the module (looks like somebody beat me to the
patch on that), but it stubbornly refuses to create /dev/ipmi0
(additionally, the system hangs hard when trying to UNload the module
-- I'll have a chance to investigate that in a little more detail on
Monday when I'm back near the console - I'm not sure if the whole
machine is hung, or if it's just blown up the network (bce driver))

We have at least 2-3 weeks before this system goes into production
(possibly longer), so I'll be able to troubleshoot and experiment if
you have any ideas.

TIA

-MG