Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 1995 19:50:21 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Jan Sladky <diameter@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   how do i install this

Hi,
i have mounted a cdrom with some FreeBSD packages from an OS/2 NFS server.
(Yes, i have FreeBSD 2.0 installed).

Now i can see a PORTS-2.0 directory and in this directory there some sub-
directories sorted by program category (like graphics).
those directories contain (yawn) again directories with the individual ports
(as it seems) like 'seyon'.

But i can see no .tgz file or something like this.
only three directories named 'files', 'patches' and 'pkg' plus a makefile.
the pkg directory contains COMMENT, DESCR and PLIST.

I would like to install some software but i'am totally clueless about
how to do it.

How do i do install for example 'seyon' ???
(what would be the name i would give pkg_add ?)

any hints appreciated,
Jan
--
                       visit my www home page !!!