Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 2008 11:43:55 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Andrew Snow <andrew@modulus.org>
Cc:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compilation question 64bit, 32 bit

Quoting Andrew Snow <andrew@modulus.org> (from Fri, 17 Oct 2008
20:19:51 +1100):

> Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>> Sort of. You can install a 32bit world into the jail and make sure
>> 32bit support is activated in the kernel. The 32bit programs will
>> then run just fine in the jail (but 64bit ones should run fine too).
>
> How is this done?
>
> I've never been able to find out how, it doesn't appear to be
> documented anywhere.

Take a 32bit world (e.g. NFS mount from/on another machine, or the
stuff which comes in releases on CD or the network) and put it into
the directory where you want to have the jail (this is replacing the
"Setting up a Jail Directory Tree" in the example section of "man
jail").

Bye,
Alexander.

--
You recoil from the crude; you tend naturally toward the exquisite.