Date:      Sun, 24 Jun 2001 12:28:03 +1000
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Peter Kok <cckok00@hotmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: freebsd 4.3 on the Notebook IBM T20

On Saturday, 23 June 2001 at 18:10:15 -0400, Peter Kok wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I would like to install freebsd 4.3 on the computer notebook IBM T20
>
> Do you have any experience in this Notebook
> about X windows and PCMCIA IBM 10/100 EtherJet CardBUS adapter working
> properly?

As Matthew Cowger said, you can't use CardBus cards.  Is this a
separate card?  My T22 has an onboard Intel PCI card, and that works
fine.

There's also no general problem with running X on IBM machines, though
that depends on the card.

Is this a new or an old machine?  IBM had some BIOS problems in the
time frame October 2000 to January 2001.  This problem causes the self
test to hang if it detects any FreeBSD partitions.  It has since been
fixed, and I believe an upgrade is available.

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.