Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 2010 12:49:13 -0700
From:      Ed Flecko <edflecko@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help with "ezjail-admin create" command

Hi folks,
I've found a website ( http://wiki.freebsd.org/AppserverJailsHOWTO )
with a tutorial that steps me through most if what I'm trying to
set-up; I'm trying to use ezjail to set up the latest version of
Apache with my website. I've carefully followed the steps, and the
only step that I've found that seems to be wrong is the author's
reference to "default" which doesn't seem to exist; it's actually
"example" so I've changed my commands accordingly.

I'm confused about the "ezjail-admin create" command.

When I installed FreeBSD, I set up a partition called "www", because I
thought it might be easier for me to backup all of my web sites, etc.,
and it's easier for me to remember where I installed Apache.

I've modified my ezjail.conf file and the ezjail_jaildir line to read:
ezjail_jaildir=/www/jails

When I issue this command:

ezjail-admin create -f example apache 192.168.225.128

I get this error:

find: /www/jails/apache/pkg/: no such file or directory
Note: Shell scripts for flavour example installed, flavourizing on
jails first startup.

It also throws an error about "some services already seem to be
listening on IP 192.168.225.128"

1.) What did I screw up? This isn't normal, is it?

2.) When using the "ezjail-admin create" command, the IP address that
I'm passing is supposed to be the IP address of the HOST machine
(because it has the "basejail", right?), isn't it?

3.) When I type:  find / -name apache

I get:

/usr/local/etc/ezjail/apache and /www/jails/apache

Does the ezjail program create TWO instances of what will be my
"jailed" Apache? Why does it do that? Did I goof something else up, or
is that "normal"?

Suggestions???

Thank you,
Ed