Date:      Fri, 12 Oct 2001 07:23:30 -0500
From:      "Stephen Hilton" <nospam@hiltonbsd.com>
To:        "Freebsd Stable" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Aide 0.7 port problem on snapshot 4.4-20011010-STABLE

On a fresh install of FreeBSD snapshot 4.4-20011010-STABLE the first port I
tried to build is Aide 0.7, bison, mhash, gettext, gettext-devel, autoconf,
all installed O.K. but aide fails to compile on the file
/usr/ports/security/aide/work/aide-0.7/src/conf_yacc.h line 1.

I do not have a copy of the error message as I was on site and time was
short, but the message referred to a "macro that starts with punctuation". I
was able to vi out lines 1 and 2 and the last line from conf_yacc.h (ifdef
statement) and run make again with success, but am not sure if the binary is
"correct" now.

Regards,

Stephen Hilton
nospam@hiltonbsd.com

Attn: Cy Schubert,
I tried to email you directly but was bounced by your server.
Thanks for all your help with FreeBSD and IPFilter.

  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca:
    SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca>:
    host point.osg.gov.bc.ca [142.32.102.44]:
    550 Email from spam site refused